Thursday 28 June 2012

Review: theBalm Balm Shelter tinted moisturizer spf 18 (in 2 shades!)

Hello girlies and new followers! 

Weather's been very hot and rainy....I've been using foundation on scars and over blemishes with foundation powder over!

It's been a year since I purchased this tinted moisturizer (check out the haul here!), my mom's almost done with hers but I've only been using it recently and have lots of good to say about it!

theBalm Balm Shelter tinted moisturizer SPF 18 in shades light/medium and medium!


64ml of product that's double the regular 30 ml of foundation!
Brand new it has a foil peel to remove

Packaging!

Put aside the fact that I love all their packaging this tube is nothing that special. It's a terracotta shade squeeze tube with very clear and detailed labeling which I like. It's light because it's not in a heavy plastic or glass container and it fits easy in a medium sized make up bag.

I have two shades here...light/medium is for me and the darker shade, medium, for my mother.


Swatches!
left: light/medium                     right: medium

In cool lighting thebalm balm shelter tinted moisturizer...unblended swatches
In warm lighting thebalm balm shelter tinted moisturizer...unblended swatches....
Product!

First off, the color selection is very small, there's only three shades to choose from. However it seems the shades are all neutral and very beigy, not too yellow or pink and they blend and adjust very well on the skin.

The consistency of this tinted moisturizer is really like a moisturizer, light, non-sticky and light coverage. No caking no matter how many layers you apply, I find that my shade (light/medium) can cover up light scars and spots with extra layers dabbed on top.

Without a setting powder, this has a dewy finish and light coverage. I set almost every liquid with a powder for a matte finish and longer lasting coverage.

This product, applied in layers, usually two and then set lasts for 2-3 hours before I'd touch up larger areas on my face.

The neutral quality of these shades make it possible to look bronzed/tan with building up layers with just this tinted moisturizer and then setting it. I sometimes add thicker foundations with it for a longer lasting finish.

In cool lighting, thebalm balm shelter tinted moisturizer: light/medium- medium
In warm lighting, thebalm balm shelter tinted moisturizer: light/medium- medium
 The main downside to this product is that layering other powder products on top like blush can be difficult. Even with a thicker powder on top, this tint does not last over many hours, it gets patchy and looks uneven. I'd recommend this for people with already good skin.

Shade light/medium is works well on my complexion at the moment which pictured above is a photo from a few days ago. I'm not wearing this tint in the photo but another light coverage base, Maybelline mineral liquid foundation (check out my review here!)



Here's a review of theBalm's highlighter, Mary-lou manizer!

Paid: $39.90 SGD ($31 USD)

Recommend: For those with relatively blemish free skin, sensitive or dry skin. Great for light coverage.

Repurchase: I would but I probably wont' be running out soon!

Bottom line: Great amount of product for the price, the neutralness of the shades allows for some flexibility, moisturizing and light, set with a powder and it's just as good as a light foundation however it does not look good after a long time. It does get patchy.


Have you tried any theBalm products? 
let me know!


Feel free to leave comments! Thanks!


8 comments:

  1. I haven't tried the balm tinted moisturizer. It seems like the balm is trying to jump into the tinted moisturizer / BB Cream bandwagon too, right?
    Based on your hand swatch, looks like it gives slightly satin / velvety finish which is quite rare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They came out with these since a while ago so I don't think it's a sudden move to join all the others out now. If you layer it on it can build up to a slight sheen of a finish but it's actually more dewy/natural looking on the face! The swatches were heavy! :)

      Delete
  2. I've been looking for a good tinted moisturizer! Too bad this brand is probably not avail in the US!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, it is avaliable! From sephora and online, they've got great online deals too, their eyeshadows are amazing as well!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I find it an interesting formula, I don't reach for it too much because I rather sheer out a medium-full coverage base! :)

      Delete
  4. I love this tinted moisturizer! I got mines on sale at Marshalls! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, great to hear! I always pinch myself when I know I'm missing out on huge sales online but I don't shop that way, I like getting things in person!

      Delete

FEEL FREE TO LEAVE A LINK TO YOUR BLOG!

I DO NOT FOLLOW FOR A FOLLOW.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...