Saturday 7 July 2012

Catch-up post: 5 Eyeshadow looks, 4 Outfits of the Days & 3 steps to winged gel liner!


This post is titled 'catch-up'... as my slow blogging the last many weeks has left me with a lot to catch up on. I decided to throw a bunch of similar make up looks and some outfit photos I took together for this very first 'catch up' post!

I've included a three step method on getting a precise gel liner winged look! (with photos!)

Continue below to see the FOTDs and OOTDs!

Some easy brown eyeshadow looks and summer outfits from the last two months!

Easy brown eye with brown gel eyeliner from Kate! (review for gel liner here!)

Cranberry brown eyes with wet n wild trio in 'knock on wood' (my post here on the eyeshadow!)

Cranberry brown eyes with 'knock on wood' from wet n wild. Mascara from Kiss Me Herione (review on the mascara here!)





Inner corner highlight shade from 'Sweet as Candy' wet n wild trio!
Brushes used for the look, shadow brush from ecotools for blending, shadow brush from bobbi brown for lid, skin food eye liner for the gel liner!

Dinner out outfit! Black mini, tank and chiffon type shirt top

Brilliant hand bag...
Check out the bag in my haul here!

Quick bright eye look with Too Faced shadow

Hot pink skirt with zips from H&M!

Used the shade 'classic' from the Too Faced Neutral eye kit (review here!)
My everyday type product! Foundation/loose powder, concealer, liquid liner, mascara, kabuki brush!





From this...tired, scars, discoloration...
To this...just enough concealing for a flawless finish
Simple brown/gold eye...using kate gel liner (check out my review here!)

Using theBalm's mary-lou manizer highlighter on the lid and brow highlight (check out my review of it here!)

Black skirt w/ jean button top from Forever 21


Too faced shadows and maybelline lipstick
lipstick in shade "warm me up" from colorsensational line









 

Precise winged gel liner with tape trick!

 
Step 1- Apply tape at an angle, Step 2- apply gel liner
Step 3- remove tape slowly from the bottom after a few seconds. Viola!
Precise gel winged liner for that elongated cat eye look!
Snacks for the beach!
Another simple brown iridescent eye look with liquid liner!
A touch of rosey blush and bare lips to go!

A big shout out to new followers! Thank you so much for making my day and do stay tuned to looks, reviews, hauls, special posts and tutorials!

Hope your summer's going well and do take time to pamper yourself!


Thanks for stopping by! 

 


26 comments:

  1. Cute post, I like the cranberry look the best. :D Your eyelashes look so fluttery and curly in the close up pictures too. :P I have yet to perfect winged gel eyeliner. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't curl them at all, it's the mascara I swear! Try tape with gel or precise liquid pens from dolly wink, peripera or clio!

      Delete
  2. I like this catch up post. :D~ Haha!
    I think I like cranberry brown combo the best. It looks so mature and cool. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was behind, way behind on posts and I thought this would be more interesting! Thanks, I found it fun and very classy looking! :)

      Delete
  3. I love all your looks, Sharlynn!! esp the last look with precise winged eyes :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cassandra! I like that the last one has subtle wing tips! ^^

      Delete
  4. Lovely winged liner with the tape!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. I do too, don't see myself getting tired of them any time soon! :)

      Delete
  6. Ahhh, lots of makeup and outfit goodness :) Love the blush in the last pic, and the simple brown/gold eye. Once again, you've inspired me to use theBalm highlighter as eyeshadow - I've just never gotten around to it :p Your dinner outfit is really cute as well, can't go wrong with all black ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a blush person! I could go out with waaay too much on and still find it just right. The highlighter is amazing, I've used it daily in the last few months for my brow highlight, inner corner sometimes and even all over the lid!

      Delete
  7. your so pretty! I am your newest follower! I cannot wait to read more of your posts and hope that maybe you can return the favor and follow my preppy blog. I always comment for every comment left on my page and hope to start a friendly relationship with your wonderful blog! I just added a new Southern Tide giveaway so check it out ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks for checking my blog out! I'll take a look at yours for sure :)

      Delete
  8. beautiful eyes and beautiful make up sweetie:X lovely blog
    what do you say about to follow each other blog?kisses

    SandraB.ro

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never tried using tap to draw a winged eye but I think I will try it since the outcome looks really good and precise! x

    http://kreamiblush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you totally must, I've yet to know someone who didn't like some variation of a wing liner on themselve! :)

      Delete
  10. Sharlynn! I am about to sport perfect eyeliner because of you! OMG the tape trick??? I have a problem with winged eyeliner and it's always uneven but now because of your tutorial, I may be able to finally get it right!!! Thank you for sharing! I just recently bought a bunch of eyeshadow from Ulta, so you're giving me so many new ideas! Thank you thank you thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! That's great to hear my photos and tip may help you achieve those 'wings'! You're welcomed! :) ^^

      Delete
  11. great makeup:D
    btw maybe we can fllw each other?
    jessillesilv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. your blog is really great <3 I love it <3 may we can follow each other? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'll take a look at your blog soon!

      Delete
  13. This is an awesome post! I love all the makeup looks and outfit. I've never tried using tape for eye liner trick. I will surely try that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, then you must try it sometime! It's great for those starting or when you really want a precise edge for shadow too! :)

      Delete

FEEL FREE TO LEAVE A LINK TO YOUR BLOG!

I DO NOT FOLLOW FOR A FOLLOW.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...