Saturday 14 July 2012

Overview: BB Cream comparison w/l'oreal foundation!

BB comparison! Here's three BB cream products I've reviewed and will be comparing to l'oreal true match foundation!

The true match foundation in R2 (cool shade 2) is a shade or two, too light for me at the moment but use it as reference to the bb creams! 

Continue below for swatches and the comparison of products!

BB comparions! 'I love' BB Cream by Peripera, Aera Mineral BB cream by Vichy, UV Expert BB Base by lancome and true match by l'oreal in R2!
'I love' BB Cream by Peripera, Aera Mineral BB cream by Vichy, UV Expert BB Base by lancome and true match by l'oreal in R2

Swatches!

Swatches - Peripera, Vichy, lancome and l'oreal in R2

Peripera 'I love' BB Cream: In the only shade, it's a flesh/neutral toned shade, it blends out to be slightly pinked toned, too light on me to be worn alone. Thick, pigmented, very blendable, great for spot concealing, it's long lasting and would work for those with a slight tan if you use a powder on top matching to your skin. Check out my review here!

Aera Mineral BB Cream: Far too fair for my complexion by itself, it's a neutral medium coverage thick BB cream. Blends well with some work, best with foundation powder on top, it's long lasting and best for those with fair/light complexions. Check out my review here!

lancome UV Expert BB Base: A very thin consistency, moisturizing feeling, this provides almost no coverage at all. It has a slight tint once blended out and brightens the skin, another foundation will be needed on top of this for an even base. This has properties meant to help prevent pigmentation. Check out my review here!

l'oreal true match foundation: In shade R2 or cool 2, this foundation is highly pigmented, silky, blendable and long lasting. When blended out it looks lighter than swatched in the photo above on my arm. Great for spot concealing. Check out more swatches and my review of this here!

BB comparions! 'I love' BB Cream by Peripera, Aera Mineral BB cream by Vichy, UV Expert BB Base by lancome and true match by l'oreal in R2!

What BB cream do you use? 
Are you only spot concealing for the summer?
Do you prefer lighter or heavier coverage? 
 let me know!

Feel free to leave comments! Thanks so much!

22 comments:

  1. nice... i think the B.B. cream is perfect for my skin tone!

    It’s a GIRL Thing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear, if you do find it, do test it! :)

      Delete
  2. i love l'Oreal's fondations ..:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lover here myself but they have TOO FEW shades here in singapore! :(

      Delete
  3. I prefer lighter coverage so most BB creams appeal to me! :) It seems from the swatches that the Peri Pera is closest to your skin tone; I think one of the hardest things of buying BB creams is choosing a shade (if there is a choice)! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I see, I do rotate between light to heavier coverage, depending on my skin. I agree, it's very difficult sometimes if you're very yellow or just darker than the 'light' shade category in general.

      Delete
  4. my fave BB creams are Missha Perfect cover BB Cream and Holika Holika Peach Girl..
    I have also tried BB Creams from L'oreal, Maybelline ( both European and Asian versions ), Rival de Loop, Caring Colors, and Skin79.. lol I am a BB Cream junkie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh! I need to get me some missha! They opened a new store new to me! I swear to drop by! there used to be a holika holika in town but it closed! :(

      Delete
  5. Okay, i didn't know that true match was considered a bb cream.... But good to know! Tough i still find your favorite bb to be the best, peripera was it called huh?? But real good riview!!/Azure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it's still a foundation! Just comparing it to the others! :)

      Delete
  6. My favorite BB cream is still Missha Perfect Cover, though it is probably a little heavy for summer wear. I thought about trying Lancome UV Expert, but its probably best used as a base for me. Thanks for the reviews and comparison!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yet another missha user! Grr, I need me some missha! :) It's very thin in consistency, would make a great base if that's what you want! you're welcomed!

      Delete
  7. hey!!!just want to say hello from Spain!!!

    http://theglowmakeup.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've recently started using the Missha Perfect Cover BB cream and Skin79 BB Cream (the hot pink one). Their good for the summer (in the UK :p) but I definitely prefer heavier coverage for the winter. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, good to know, it seems to be a fact that the hot pink one is great for coverage! ^^

      Delete
  9. wow the shades of all these vary so much! i don't think i've ever found a bb cream that matches my skin perfectly hahahha always either too grey or pale!! thanks for the comparison, very helpful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, thats just how it is with these darn bb creams! I can take pale, I've got powder to even that out, but greyness if just mad!

      Delete
  10. Great review hun! - Im still on the hunt for a good bb cream, think i might buy the missha m perfect cover ^^

    http://missshifap.blogspot.co.uk/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcomed, I've seen lots of great stuff of missha, including several shades to choose from!

      Delete
  11. love using the lancome so far. It matches my skin tone evenly. :D

    followed your blog, follow back mine? :D
    xx,
    petiteness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo...you must be quite fair! I'll take a look at yours :)

      Delete
  12. i'm actually watching out for a bb cream (heard just the best about them) so this review helps me out :)
    following you
    regards from vienna!

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO LEAVE A LINK TO YOUR BLOG!

I DO NOT FOLLOW FOR A FOLLOW.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...