Saturday 13 October 2012

Rave Review: Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream in shade 27 (honey beige)!

Perfect cover, damn right! After so much talk, reviews and rave of Missha BB creams, their quality and slightly better range of color choice makes them one of the best BB bases on the market! 

I was surprised by the jump between shades, I would've fit best with a shade between this and the previous but this works in thin layers although a tad too dark for my face.

Note: This BB cream is now too dark for me! 

Continue below for the review!
Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream in shade 27 (Honey Beige)
Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream in shade 27 (Honey Beige)




Packaging & product!

I really love what BB cream promise us. At least the Asian brand BB creams like Skin79 and Missha. Anti-wrinkle, anti-aging, anti-blemish with good coverage and oil control, it sounds like a dream! I've yet to have good experiences with BB creams but now I've hit gold!

Although this is actually a bit too dark and orange for me, in thin layers or mixed with other lighter bases/ bb creams I have it has been amazing on my skin! I love how this has high SPF protection. The consistency of this product is very smooth and it has high coverage for scars/blemishes. I love how there's a feeling of moisture on the face even on drier spots.

There are only 4 shades in this range of BB cream from Missha, they have different ranges of which I haven't looked into. The first shade is very ivory and pink, the next two and fair with slight yellow tones and the fourth this medium tan which is still not dark enough for a lot of people.

The packaging of this cream is very hygienic and great. I like the pump, it's clean for dispensing and the thick tube is soft and not prone to breaking unlike glass or a hard plastic. 

Swatch of Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream in shade 27 (Honey Beige)
Comparison of foundation/ BB creams: Peripera I love BB Cream, l'oreal true match in R2, Missha Perfect Cover in 27, Bourjois Healthy Mix in 53
Comparison of foundation/ BB creams: Peripera I love BB Cream, l'oreal true match in R2, Missha Perfect Cover in 27, Bourjois Healthy Mix in 53
Comparison of foundation/ BB creams: Peripera I love BB Cream, l'oreal true match in R2, Missha Perfect Cover in 27, Bourjois Healthy Mix in 53
My skin on my face matches BHM shade 53 perfectly, so this BB cream is actually a bit too dark and orange by itself on me. 

I often on a daily basis mix my bases, depending on how my skin is feeling or if I've got a new slight tan. Mixing bb creams with foundations with tinted moisturizers!

Missha and Peri pera have the same high coverage and moisturizing feeling which I love however both have a dewy finish.

l'oreal and Bourjois have a semi-matte finish, I often wear bourjois alone unlike the others which I mix

By itself after two thin layers, this cream leaves a dewy finish, a glow on the skin but it stays wet on the skin and its needed to set with a light powder or like I do, a foundation powder lightly for long lasting oil control!
A thinned out layer of Missha Perfect Cover in 27 Honey Beige which has great coverage and matches my tan complexion (October 2012 at my tannest)
 This is my natural skin color as of Decemeber 2014! This is my original complexion!

Paid: $36.90 SGD ( $30 USD)

Recommend: If you fit into the three fairer shades or this medium tan shade then definitely give this a shot! If you are like me and fit between this shade and the one before, mix this with a lighter base to customize for your skin.

Repurchase: When I get low on this, totally! The consistency and feeling it gives my skin all day long is so comforting and I like mixing this to match my skin.

Bottom line: Moisturizing, high SPF, high coverage and very smooth and blendable, this BB cream really is an excellent all round BB cream which reaches all aspects of a great base. It's too bad there aren't many colors but I am pleased that this is quite tan.

UPDATE: This foundation is TOO DARK for me now. I match shade 21/23 from Missha, I use this to add beige warmth to my other bb creams!


How do you feel about BB creams? Do you like heavy coverage?
Tried Missha BB creams? Want to?
let me know!


Feel free to comment! Thanks!
 

23 comments:

  1. missha perfect cover is my fave bb cream!! but I wonder why it's so expensive there? I always get mine from ebay for around 15$.. :-D
    you look good with this bb cream though! your skin looks flawless and clear ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the regular price here in Watsons! I haven't went to the missha shop but I will! That's great you get it for half what i pay! thanks! I love the finish, it so nice! :)

      Delete
  2. I looooove Perfect Cover. It's one of the best BB creams I have ever tried~ :)
    Too bad this came out dark on you. It still looks rather nice and gives you a tan appearance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, the best I've tried so far! Haha, I've been a bit tan but now not so much, must mix with something lighter for a better look! It actually looks correct with my limbs which are very tan but a bit too dark for the face! ^^

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the review and the comparisons with the others! It gives you a lovely finish! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcomed! I love helping people out like that :)

      Delete
  4. i have this one in 27, and 31 and the choboyang in #2 by Missha i love em both but this one breaks me out b/c of the mineral oil :( it has perfect coverage though and very moisturizing. Your skin is glowing!! love it on u :) and i am like you i always mix my foundations too i cant ever get the right shade :( its a dark cloud but the silver lining is i can try any shade i want as long as its yellow undertoned :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo..I haven't tried the other bb creams from them! I must go try them! That's too bad! It is very moisturizing, that's why I love it! Yes, same for lots of us asian girls, yellow toned is the best match! :)

      Delete
  5. Oh I've been dying to get this! Too bad we don't have it in Malaysia and I'm hesitant to get them online for fear of getting fakes.

    I was thinking of shade 27, too, as I'm pretty tanned. I do agree 27 is a bit too dark for you, so good tip on mixing it with a lighter base.

    I'm happy to hear it has high coverage. Want!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha! You should try once you get the chance! It's very very good! moisturizing, high coverage and combine with powder, you're set for the whole day! :)

      Delete
  6. I have a small tube of this, but I did used to use the Signature version regularly (which I really liked). I think these BB creams go a tiny bit ashy on me (I use #23) and can be oily, but I do love the coverage and blendability, as well as the dewiness you get when you first apply it. I haven't tried many BB creams, but I've been really happy with the 2 Missha ones I have :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes I swatched the lighter ones and because I'm not very pale or pink toned, it was ashy on me too! It's very smooth isn't it? Missha definitely has been the best I've tried. Very happy too ^^

      Delete
  7. The results look nice on your skin. Your skin practically glowed in the picture. So hard to find the right shade, isn't it? I'd get this again too, if one of the shades matches me.
    Girlie Blog Seattle | Cheap Makeup Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Definitely recommend this if you get the chance. Mixing has been the trick for a good match!

      Delete
  8. complete review, awesome! now following you, hope you follow back and stay connected :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I will take a look at your blog! :)

      Delete
  9. great review, i'm happy that you compared it to other bb creams. I've been debated which one to get for to get for longest time but now I think I'll just get this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcomed! This one really is quite amazing, definitely worth getting. I can see myself finishing every drop of this!

      Delete
  10. this BB cream looks really good on you.. I tried Missha a few yrs a go.. broke me out :S glad it works on you though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, that's horrible! sorry to hear! I think we react differently at different times though, I've yet to blame any of my breakout on foundations...but I guess I'm lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG, this looks like such a great bb cream and the color looks like it might actually be suitable for me. Just wondering, what's your shade in the Nars ranges? I'm Barcelona. Just wondering if we're the same skin tone.

    I love your detailed and informative review. And the idea of mixing them together to get the right color and consistency is genius.

    Lynn | Makeup With Tea

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your review and swatches of this and great comparisons, thank you they are really helpful. I get asked a lot about this product, I'm in shade #23, its really hard to find anything darker for other people. #27 I've managed to find on Yesstyles and even then, they seem to have bumped the price up for it. I am in the UK so need to buy online. It gives you a lovely healthy glow though. I am going to link your blog to some people who are interested in this product in this shade. Do come over and visit me at www.inkquisite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have #23 and even though it is light I like it. I was supposed to get #27 but I felt it a bit too dark and will eventually turn darker on my acidic skin I decided on #23 instead. It's a little ashy on me because of the gray & pink tones in it but way better than #21 which I've also used for a short time and what got me into Missha in the first place :)

    FMWL

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO LEAVE A LINK TO YOUR BLOG!

I DO NOT FOLLOW FOR A FOLLOW.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...