Monday 3 December 2012

Skincare review: Avene Cleanance purifying lotion and gel cleanser!

Soap free skin goodness! My mother has been swearing by a line of skincare by this french brand Avene. There's actually and accent in the 'e' in the name but I'm not so bothered to get the letter right! She uses the line with rich creams and milky toner for her mature skin.

I've went through a few bottles of both the gel cleanser and mattifying toner by now. I initially bought them when I lived in Cambodia a few year back but only got to utsing them last year. This skin care
line is for oilier skin and hence the 'mattifying' and 'soapless' formulas.

Continue below for the review!
Eu Thermale Avene Cleanance purifying lotion and soapless gel cleanser!
Eu Thermale Avene Cleanance purifying lotion

The clarifying cleansing gel is a favorite of mine, I've gone through two bottles of each of these products but have yet to repruchase for the sake of their price. Not wallet killing pricey but more pricier than I think such products should be. It's not as if there's anti-wrinkle properties, these simply mattify oily skin and my skins been much better the last few months too!

Theres nothing bad to say about this product, it does what it says, leaves the skin feeling soft and clean and not tight and dry. It has a strong 'scent free' smell which I quite like and you don't need much product to wash your face with. Unlike other soapfree products, this gel does get foamy.

I'd use this on the days where my skin was just slightly oily, I don't think this would be the best for super oily skin, it may help but your skin would definitely need other products to control oiliness/acne.

This would be fine for those with normal to combination skin, it maybe mild enough for those with slightly dry skin too even as there's no astringent.

Eu Thermale Cleanance anti-shine purifying lotion
This toner is a huge winner in my books, it smells great and feels very cooling when used on the skin. This is probably the one out of the two that I will repurchase because your skin does feel amazing after using this. It's mild but good enough for slightly oily skin which is what I have.

There's a strong sweet smell and the toner is a cloudy color that needs to be shaken before use. This really gets off all traces of oil and dirt, I even bring using it down to my neck area and it removes dirt from there too.

If you need an oil controlling toner, this may not be strong enough, there is alcohol but it isn't very strong in this product. Although this is targeted at oily sensitive skin, I can see this being good with very irritated skin.



Paid: (approx, will amend) $30.50 SDG for the gel cleanser ($25 USD) 
                                               $40.70 for the toner ($33 USD)

I've also bought them in the past from the french pharmacy in cambodia for about half the price! 


Recommend: Anyone suffering from oily and slightly oily or normal skin these two products would be a great new addition. They are very mild but work well unlike skin care from Vichy for oily skin which is loaded with so much alcohol.


Repurchase: The toner for sure, it's a great perk for the skin and is so refreshing. I want to try other cleanser that improve the texture of my skin and not just control oil.


Bottom line: In terms of quality product that does what it's suppose to, this product is head on with maintaining oil control in the skin. I find the toner definitely a keeper because it does a lot to pamper the skin whereas I think I can find cleansers that can do more. Do check this brand out as their products are gentle and effective.



Have you ever tried products from Avene?
 Is a toner/ softener part of your skincare regime?
 Let me know!

Feel free to comment and ask questions! Thanks!

22 comments:

  1. The toner sounds like something i'd use. I really would like to try Avene products but you are right, they are on the semi-pricier side :p Thanks for rec!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcomed, the toner is pretty awesome but pricey!

      Delete
  2. I have once tried the avene face spray and the cleansing milk but I didn't really like them.. and you paid quite a lot for it! here in germany, avene is more like a 'drugstore'. It's not cheap but it's not that expensive.. I'd say around 10-15$..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My moms a huge user of those two products! More for the mature skin the milk I think but its not something I like either! Damn, I wish it were cheaper here! xp

      Delete
  3. This sounds like another great skin care line!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm...I don't ever use a toner. Need to start though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's useful, really freshens up and removes dirt and oil ^^

      Delete
  5. I haven't tried this brand but I do see this brand somewhere! Thanks for sharing and great review ^_~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's usually in all pharmacies! You're welcomed!

      Delete
  6. I really want to try more Avene products! I only have their Thermal Spray. The toner sounds lovely and very refreshing, though I usually don't use toner as part of my skin care routine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to try more from the thermale line but its so pricey! ^.^

      Delete
  7. Nice review! I have tried both of these products and I quite enjoyed them. It is hard to justify the price of the cleanser, but I think the toner is totally worth it! I use it in the summer when I don't want to moisturize, I'll just tone and prime my skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, good to hear, I agree, the cleanser is hard to justify when its easy to get something exactly the same at less than half the price!

      Delete
  8. sounds great, i wish i can find one in the grocery!

    It’s a GIRL Thing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do check them out, this skincare really improves the skin!

      Delete
  9. this looks pretty good, I have to keep an eye out for this I think, I'm looking for a new toner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The toner is really quite great, pricey but its worth a try! ^^

      Delete
  10. I adore Avene! Their products are gentle on the skin and actually work! I probably won't try out these gel cleansers and lotions though as I have a more dry to normal skin type. I love their rich restorative cream they have called Cicalfate though which is extremely soothing and moisturising!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh...I see, I've been needing strong hydration and maybe I should take a lot at those! Thanks! :)

      Delete
  11. I'll take a look, thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, they work very well but a bit too costly! x.x

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO LEAVE A LINK TO YOUR BLOG!

I DO NOT FOLLOW FOR A FOLLOW.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...