Friday 21 June 2013

Review: L'oreal Lucent Magique foundation in shade N2!

Foundation light 'Magique'? That's the claim of L'oreal's light infusing foundation, that I will like 'glowing' skin with light coming from within...all with the help of their product of course!

I must leak before you see my review that this has been one of the best foundations I've tried this year! Very happy and I do not think I'll be needing to buy many more foundations for the rest of this year!

Continue below for my review!
L'oreal Lucent Magique light-infusing foundation in shade N2!
L'oreal Lucent Magique light-infusing foundation in shade N2!
I always welcome SPF in my face bases!
Promising that 'inner glow' which gives skin 'light', I've known from experience that L'oreal has foundations which great blending qualities with high coverage!
Packaging!

I really love holding this bottle its very sleek and feels like a glass tube with no edges. The choice of the gold and white text are so suited with the nozzle pump on the bottle. All these small design touches really make me think of light, luxury and a more refined brand and product which overall L'oreal likes to make their products feel like the higher end of the drugstore. 

The pump is very smooth and there's a label for the shade at the back which is good since some brands don't have labeling of shade numbers of names even on the product itself at times!
 
L'oreal Lucent Magique light-infusing foundation in shade N2!
There's tiny shade range in singapore of 5 or 6 shades. I'm the shade N2!

Before and after wearing L'oreal Lucent Magique foundation in shade N2!
This shade a neutral yellow based foundation that matches my fair face but also brightens my complexion a few slight notches. In photos in the sun it matches my neck which actually isn't as fair as my face.

My issue has always been my face being the fairest part of my body that's visible. Foundations that match the rest of me perfectly are like Bourjois foundations in 52 or 53 which are yellow based with a good beige undertone, these really even out and match all overall even though its technically darker than my natural complexion.


L'oreal Lucent Magique light-infusing foundation in shade N2!

Although high coverage when concentrated or built up, a good even thin layer lets light freckles show through which is fine with me!
The shade in the sun really matches my neck which in person is slightly more tan than my face!
Product!

L'oreal to me has always been foundation strong. Their shade range here in Singapore is quite horrible though, only catering to the light to medium tan shades, they don't have shades any deeper than a light medium tan shade whereas in the UK, US or in Australia the shade range goes as wide as up to more than 30 shades!

I'm very glad that this foundation from them has high coverage, I'd say medium but full if layered. It has a very nice smooth thin consistency, a lot like the reformulated True Match line. Like it says it does give this wonderful 'light' on my face in terms of the shade being natural and yet has great coverage.

I love how it blends so well down my chin and matches my neck, even better after I set my foundation with powder. This feels light and yet covers up uneven parts so well. That's a huge plus and then add on long lasting power as this lasts 8 hours easily set with powder without shifting underneath.

Swatch comparison: L'oreal true match R1, L'oreal true match R2, L'oreal lucent magique N2, Bourjois healthy mix 53
Swatch comparison: L'oreal true match R1, L'oreal true match R2, L'oreal lucent magique N2, Bourjois healthy mix 53
Paid: $30.90 SGD (about $24 USD)

Recommend: Yes, for ladies who want even medium-high coverage that blends out very well for light to medium asian complexions. This should be applied lightly and layered if more coverage is needed!

Repurchase: Yes, however I have so many bases to get through so it's unlikely I will anytime soon!

Bottom line: To put it simply, for me, great match, great coverage, easy to blend, long lasting. The perfect foundation for oilier skin that needs coverage.

 What L'oreal foundations do you have?
Tried their recent foundations?
Let me know!

Feel free to comment! Thank you!

9 comments:

  1. Love the coverage, I never used this foundation but would love to try it out. My currently favorite foundations are from Lancome, Rouge Bunny Rouge and Ellis Faas <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Havent read a single negative review on this foundation. Looks like a keeper, definitely! Love your skin, btw. It doesnt even need foundation!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely considering purchasing this now. Thanks for the review! ♥

    http://itsjessicachoy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have recently tried a sample of this foundation and I love it! I believe it retails around 15€ here, so it's slightly cheaper then in the Sg.
    I think I might buy the full size version sooner or later, but not now since I have been buying too many foundations / bb creams lately. >.<

    I really like the finish on your skin ! But you have a clear and flawless skin to begin with! :D
    I have to fight with major redness around my cheeks and even concealer will not really cover the redness T.T

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks lovely on you and very natural. I don't think I've seen this foundation being sold in the States. Either that or I just don't pay enough attention to drugstore foundations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great! I'm going on exchange to Hong Kong University soon and I can't wait to pick up all these Asian makeup goodies.

    Would appreciate if you checked out my blog
    notanobession.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love how elegant the glass packaging and i am a fan of foundation that has a medium coverage :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks lovely on you! Need to give this a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It gives a really nice 'lucent' finish to the skin. I am normally wary of foundations that claims to give a 'healthy glow' because it usually mean that they contain shimmer in them which doesn't look natural at all. This one looks like a winner though. Will definitely check it out when I get the chance.. ^^

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO LEAVE A LINK TO YOUR BLOG!

I DO NOT FOLLOW FOR A FOLLOW.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...