Friday 2 August 2013

Review: The Face Shop Power Perfection BB Cream in 02 Natural Beige!

Perfection Power! Having known that this is the best selling BB cream from The Face Shop and how it's been so well raved by the bloggers locally and in this region of the world, I had to pick up the smaller tube!

This is The Face Shop's Power Perfection BB cream, it comes in only two shades, I'm using the second more flesh toned, slightly more beige shade.

Continue below for the review!
 The Face Shop Power Perfection BB Cream in 02 Natural Beige
 The Face Shop Power Perfection BB Cream in 02 Natural Beige
 The Face Shop Power Perfection BB Cream in 02 Natural Beige

Packaging & Product!

This BB cream comes in two sizes, a small very travel, make up bag friendly size which I bought here which is 20ml and then a full size which is 50ml. This bigger size is very common with many BB creams from Asia and I've got a Missha and Peripera which are both full size and I probably won't finish them for another two years!
I love the tube packaging, it has a nozzle and the color scheme of purple and touches of gold is so classy. The Face Shop is even more affordable than American drugstore brand make up here in Singapore with some products being the same price as well so I might as well buy more things from The Face Shop when it comes to certain products. The full size is packaged very differently for those who aren't aware.

 Comparison to other BB creams/foundations!
Bare face
A layer of TFS Power Perfection BB cream!
The BB cream is quite an all rounder, very much like one of my raved about BB creams from Peripera, this performs very well in all areas. This is high coverage with a single layer and has a brightening/evening effect. I love the SPF and how this product is thicker in texture and blends out so easily. A little bit goes a long way so you don't need to use much.
I always set my foundation/bb cream with a powder as to match my skin better and to keep my base matte. I've worn this a few times now and it's really a great bb cream. Not as heavily pigmented as Peripera but just as long wearing when set. Apparently this is the best seller out of the many bb creams from TFS and I've personally not tried any others from them but this meets all my standards of a really good bb cream.

Comparison: Bourjois Healthy Mix 53 (my review here!), The Face Shop Power Perfection 02 Natural Beige, Peripera I Love BB (my review here!), Missha Perfect Cover 27 (my review here!)
Although it looks slightly more pinkish than my Peripera I didn't mix it with my Missha before application but I didn't look too pale, pink or gray after setting with my regular powder. I usually would mix a bb cream this light with the missha to give a shade more similar to the bourjois healthy mix! 

Overall, slightly too light for me however I'd never wear any liquid foundations without setting with a powder to match and mattify my skin.

Wearing... The Face Shop Power Perfection BB Cream in 02 Natural Beige!
Paid: $18.90 SGD or about $14.80 US

Recommend: Yes, for those ladies for oilier skin or with scars or discoloration, this will even out your skin very well without being too heavy.

Repurchase: Yes, in terms of the qualities I'd totally want this type of bb cream again however when I do finish this I'd like to try out their other bb creams!

Bottom line: An excellent all rounder bb cream, medium-high coverage, not too dewy, easy to blend and long lasting. Plus a good setting powder/pressed powder after application this is a great bb cream for oilier skin and hot weather!

Are you using BB creams this summer?
Tried any from The Face Shop's?
let me know!

Feel free to comment! Thank you!

18 comments:

  1. You have such great skin! :) looks wonderful on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds very promising, Looking lovely on your skin! Would love to try it <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried any Face Shop products before but there is actually a store in Melbourne, Australia which I pass by but never have a look at! This looks so good, it brightens and illuminates your skin, even though the shade is a little too light. It looks so pink in your swatch, especially compared to the other foundations but I really like the finish look of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg this looks very nice!! the finish looks radiant and natural and the coverage seems great for BB Cream! doesn't look ashy as well!!
    i haven't tried a lot of face shop products except of their peel off mask for blackheads which I love ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never tried any Face Shop products or BB Creams but I like how this one doesn't oxidize and give you a cast of shade on your face. Looks like a good one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks very natural on you. I love the purple packaging! So cute! It's nice to hear that it's an affordable and great BB cream. I've actually been using my Missha cho bo yang bb cream a lot lately.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love how it nice it sets and looks on your skin ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok you've totally sold me on this product. I love anything with high SPF and that evening look that is so radiating! But you said it only comes in two shades?? That may be an issue for me? I'm an olive toned color!

    WWW.ROXTHEFOX.COM

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the review! I might get a small tube on my next visit :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like it has a great coverage for a bb...I'd love to try it!Thanks for the review sweety! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. man you have amazing skin as is! and the bb looks like it blends well and provides good coverage!

    ReplyDelete
  12. teehee, another difficult-to-get product I would like to get :).I know that when I click on Sharlyn's site but I'm happy that you found a good BB and I think I'll get this one too, and mix it with my Hissyfit dark when I want a deeper colour

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks pretty good. Maybe when my Missha runs out (HA good luck with that) I'll try this one :)
    FMWL

    ReplyDelete
  14. www.honestskin.com 30% sale for all Korean cosmetics during March.
    Thefaceshop, Missha, Nature Republic, Laneige, SKIN79, The Saem, 3CE, Skinfood, Etude House, Tonymoly, Innisfree, and more and more brands

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice review! I have the 50ml one and first time using faceshop bb cream, wondering if its better than my etude house brightfit or missha. I used them all but still cant decide which one is better. Etude house one is more dewy, missha has better coverage while face shop is, i dont quite know how its different yet. Haha. Which is the best one for everyday use in the summer?

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO LEAVE A LINK TO YOUR BLOG!

I DO NOT FOLLOW FOR A FOLLOW.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...