Monday 25 November 2013

Day Out: Satay by the Bay lunch and home baked cheesecake!

Satay lunch and scrumptious cheesecake! Some weeks ago my boyfriend took my out to walk around at the famous Gardens by the Bay man made garden domes filled with several hundreds of species of plants and they two domes are two climates. However it rained that day and we didn't go into the domes, we just walked a bit around the outside gardens which is free and we went to find the food center near by to have lunch!

Continue below for the post!
Lamb, beef and chicken satay, fried rice and sambal kang kong at Satay by the Bay food center at Gardens by the Bay! Home baked cheese cake to finish off!
The super long wearing easy neutral look I did! Here I'm wearing Catrice blush in Rosewood Forest! (my review here!) There is absolutely zero editing in any of my photos! I never have the time and can't be bothered! I use a digital camera, nothing fancy! So this is exactly how it looks!
On my eyes, the peach cream shadow is by Studio make up one of the best texture and quality cream eye products I've tried (my review here!)
Of course I was wearing my holy grail, the most waterproof mascara in the world by Kiss me Heroine!

Products Used: Missha perfect cover in honey beige (my review here) mixed with Peripera BB cream (my review here), Studio make up cream shadow (my review here), lancome eyeshadow (dark brown), Kiss me Heroine eyeliner (my review here), Kiss me Heroine long & curl mascara (my review here), theBalm mary-lou highlighter (my review here), ZA 2 way cake powder, Catrice blush in rosewood (my review here), Canmake highlighter (my overview here)
The thing I always go for is a flawless complexion, matte finish and flushed cheeks!
The famous Geylang Satay stall with a double stall outlet at the Satay by the Bay food center! It was a rainy weekday and there was almost no one there! But on the weekends apparently the place is packed with up to 1000 people max able to be seated!
I ordered us a mix of chicken, beef and lamb as usual! I really like how tender and hot they were when it arrived but I always find satay in singapore too sweet for my liking!
We were sitting to the right of the photo, most of the seats are covered but the outside seating has a beautiful view of the surround gardens and pond!
My boyfriend got us a delicious piping hot plate of salted fish friend rice. Unusually good we were both quite full but had to finish this and I ate all the pickled green chilli with it!
Lastly a plate of sambal stir fried kang kong, the sambal was quite tasteless though, not salty or spicy enough, probably too diluted!
Here's a photo of my cat curled up on my bed sleeping. A hot day, wet day, cool day she sleeps like this!
Here's my first cheesecake ever! I made it with extra lemon because I love it tangy but it did dry out too much around the edge however it tasted delicious and was very dense and yummy! touch off with some whipping cream and some berries!

I can't wait for this weekend to come! There's so much I want to do but most importantly sleeping in! Not because I'm sleep deprived but I hate waking early! This month has yet gone by too fast, I hope all of you ladies are having a great November! I really want to go shopping for make up sets before things sell out but I want to save at the same time! Ahhh!


Thank you for stopping by!

18 comments:

  1. that sambal kang kong looks really delicious. and the sate too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very appetizing typical meal here! I loved the combo of rice, a veg and satay!

      Delete
  2. That all looks good!! Love the look you did!:)

    http://ahintofbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Sharlynn, I love kang kong and salted fish fried rice so much. I really miss authentic indonesian and asian food as what we have here is not too authentic T.T
    btw, what camera do you use? your pict quality is always very good! it captured the blush and the make up details very clear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the only way is to get your family to send you the paste and dried fish and make it yourself! I use an older digital cannon, its hot pink in color, I'll comment on your blog about the model!

      Delete
  4. Omgggg your skin is gorgeous! So smooth and flawless. And love the blush. Looking good ;) and all the food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, with a good coat of powder it can look perfect anyday!

      Delete
  5. woww the food looks soo yummy <33 i'm hungry now lol. would love to try that cheesecake!
    also adore your make-up, you look so pretty:) such a nice glow!

    lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like such a lovely day, and that food looks amazing!! Mmm those kebabs sound just to my liking. The cheesecake looks delicious too, there's nothing better than a tangy lemon flavour!! And of course you look beautiful, and your skin is so flawless that it looks photoshopped, you'd never need it ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, you're too nice! I think with the right products we'll never need photoshop! I think you'd enjoy the satay, anyone who likes meat will!

      Delete
  7. wow!!! you made that cheescake!!! i am so envy of you!! i want to make one too but might as well forget it since could mess up even by just a pancake mix >_>~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahha, don't worry, cheese cake in general is very easy! Just follow a simple recipe and the ingredients are very cheap overall!

      Delete
  8. The satay sticks and cheesecake look delish! And what an adorable cat :) That's incredible your skin looks so flawless in your photos - you must have amazing skin. The eyeshadows you used are lovely colours and I really want to try your HG mascara!

    ReplyDelete
  9. sharlynn you cheekbones are soooo nice! i love fried kang kong too my dad used to make a dish with kang kong and oyster sauce ^^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kang kong + cheesecake = totally my kind of meal! :P
    That blush looks amazing on you Sharlynn!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sambal kang kong looks really delicious. your skin looks so flawless in your photos! You look so pretty, love your eye makeup <3

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO LEAVE A LINK TO YOUR BLOG!

I DO NOT FOLLOW FOR A FOLLOW.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...