Saturday 17 May 2014

Rave Review: Sleek Face Contour Kit in Light 884!

Contour me away! I've never and am still not a contouring gal. I don't often sculpt or contour my face although my flatter asian features could use a light contouring in the cheek and nose region. Due to my lack of interest of care to try contouring products I simply don't have any! 

However after seeing so many girls who are and aren't contour queens using this simple looking 'kit' from sleek, I decided to go ahead and order it after having ordered a lot of make up from Sleek already and loving it all! (Check out my most recent Sleek haul here!)

Continue below for my review!
Sleek Face Contour Kit in Light 884
 Sleek Face Contour Kit in Light 884
 Sleek Face Contour Kit in Light 884
Packaging & Product!

Compact, black and super sleek and nice and weighty! I love how this size is slightly bigger than their single blushes. It's slim and the mirror is a great size for reapplying make up or touching up throughout the day. 

I'm really happy with how they package their make up, it's sturdy and I have no concerns over the packaging except that maybe in contrast to other brands they're packing is nothing special. Even the limited edition palettes and products don't have anything special on their compact! Although I am much happier with a great quality product that fancy packaging!

To get straight to the point, the contour kit in Light is perfect for the fair/light skinned people! I love how the contour shade is a good neutral/cool tone shade, it's very matte and very smooth and blends super easily. The highlighting shade is so beautiful too. The color is a light wheatish luminous shade and the fine shimmer is so smooth and fine. 

 Sleek Face Contour Kit in Light 884

The contour shade is perfect for all over the face, on the nose for sculpting, on the cheek bones for contouring and on the jaw too! I think you could use it as a light bronzer with the right brush too! The highlighting shade is sooo beautiful! I love using this on the tops of my cheeks and as well as a touch on my nose bridge, my forehead and I love using this below the brows as a highlight!

Swatches of  Sleek Face Contour Kit in Light 884
Wearing both shades from the Sleek Face Contour Kit in Light 884
 Sleek Face Contour Kit in Light 884
Wearing Sleek Face Contour Kit in Light 884 (check out my full make up look here!)
Paid: $9.99 USD or about ($12.50 SGD)

Recommend: Yes! This contour kit is such a bargain for the amazing quality and amount of product, the contour shade is incredibly natural and so silky smooth. The highlight shade is also a great multitasker!

Repurchase: No, I don't need another one of these as this product will probably last for many years! I would buy this for someone else though as a present!

Bottom line: A great starter kit for those who want a contour and highlight product in one, it's great quality and works very well on different undertones. Affordable and compact, I'd totally bring this where ever I go and would ask all of you to check it out!

Have you tried this contour kit from Sleek before?
Powder or cream contour?
Let me know!

Feel free to comment!
Thank you!

12 comments:

  1. Looks like a great contour palette! Most bronzers I've tried made me look muddy or dirty. My mum would start rubbing my face with a tissue and ask if I washed my face in the morning lol.

    LilynotLouise | Beauty and Food

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so pretty on you. Now I need a bronzer too! eeee ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had this on my to-buy list when I went to the UK but it was out of stock when I went to one of the pharmacies over there so I never purchased it. Darn, it looks like a great starter kit. I would purchase it off the Sleek website but I don't really have anything else from Sleek that I want at the moment. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooh, you look so good with this contouring kit.....would love to try out this soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been eyeing this since ages ago but it's so expensive here, close to 20 bucks! that's why i really have to think twice :< looks so good on you! so natural, even the highlighter doesn't have that filthy chunks of glitters.

    http://qorea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought this a couple of months ago but it's still untouched lolll. Your post has inspired me to go use it now ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Contouring is one of those things (like curling eyelashes) that I know I should probably do more of, because despite the extra step/effort, it really does make a subtle but effective difference. I agree this is a great 'starter' option for those looking for an affordable, good quality contouring powder and powder highlighter in one palette :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm using the Face Form Kit from Sleek and I'm really satisfied :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks gorgeous! I've been really wanting to try Sleek products.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have yet to master the art of contouring...I definitely need to find the right shade. This palette looks really good though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am REALLY bad with contouring too since there are SO MANY other makeup to-dos that we need to worry about! This kit looks like a perfect match for you though and makes you look very "sculpted". I love the eye make up as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Damn, this is GORGEOUS on you! I also don't reach for my bronzers/contouring products either, though I really should because my face is huge. Plus, a little bit of contour is actually pretty nice on my face because ~WOwoOWWOw~ cheekbones! I DEFINITELY need to pick this up when I'm in the UK!

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO LEAVE A LINK TO YOUR BLOG!

I DO NOT FOLLOW FOR A FOLLOW.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...