Monday 23 February 2015

Rave Review: Eskinol Papaya Smooth White and Calamansi Spot-less White cleanser!

Papaya and Calamansi toners! As a girl who tends to have skin that gets slightly oily throughout the day I love using a toner on days that I'm not wearing any make up or on my face after my make up is removed at night. I love trying toners made with different extracts and I prefer a toner that's really astringent and alcoholic as it really helps to keep my skin matte and my skin doesn't dry out easily.

These two toners are from a Fillopino brand that's probably sold in the Phillipines but I bought these at Lucky Plaza in Singapore which is a mall filled predominantly with Filopino store holders! At first I was confused and wasn't sure what this was as I'm used to the name 'toner' but these are called 'cleansers'! When in Indonesia toner is called 'tonic' and hence I realized this has several names!

Continue below for my review!
 Eskinol Papaya Smooth White and Calamansi Spot-less White cleanser!
 Eskinol Papaya Smooth White Facial Deep Cleanser!
 Eskinol Papaya Smooth White Facial Deep Cleanser!
Packaging & Product!

Right away as I walked into the shop I headed straight to the skincare walls and realized that these products had papaya and calamansi and that's why I wanted to try them! There were at least three different brands that were selling the exact same product but this brand came in three sizes and this is the medium sized bottle of 135ml! 

When I had purchased these two bottles I had intended to send one to my best friend who's half filopino and currently living in Japan however at the end of the day I didn't get to send it to her and have since used up one bottle and am half way through the other! These toners smells sooo damn good. The papaya one smells like a light sweet papaya minus the creamy smell a ripen papaya can have whereas the calamansi toner smells super sharp and exactly like calamansi juice which is pretty much like lime but a lot more sweet and complex smelling.

These toners are so nice to use, they however have a very high alcohol content so keeping your eyes shut while applying this is a must. Even after keeping my eyes close for a few seconds after this dries on my skin the fumes from the product still causes my eyes to sting just a bit. If you're in need of a more drying, astringent toner these from Eskinol will totally do the trick for you! These leave your skin feeling so cool, tight and fresh feeling. I use it multiple times during days I'm not wearing any make up. There are a few nice options all with different extracts!

 Eskinol Calamansi Spot-less White facial deep cleanser!
 Eskinol Calamansi Spot-less White facial deep cleanser!
 Eskinol Papaya Smooth White and Calamansi Spot-less White cleanser!
Paid: $8 SGD ($2 each) or about $5.80 USD (purchased at a Filipino shop at Lucky Plaza)


Recommend: YES. Especially for those who love a good very alcoholic toner to strip the skin of grease and make up residual! Totally check out toners like these if you get the chance!

Repurchase: YES, I totally can't wait to go back to Lucky Plaza and buy a different scent of this toner! Love how it feels on the skin and how it works for me, I would get the same size and maybe two more scents!

Bottom line: Super effective and awesome scented toner water I love both of these and will go back to buy different scents. If you have oilier skin this will be amazing for you!


What toner/micellar water do you use and love?
Would you like to try these?
Let me know!

Feel free to comment!
Thank you!

10 comments:

  1. i hear that products made with paw paw are so lovely
    new post : men
    http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/2015/02/zerouv-x-double-breasted-blazer.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharlynn,

    Those are actually considered more of astringents, not toners. They're used similarly to toners though in that they're used to pick up any remaining dirt and whatnot after washing your face but they're a little bit stronger than regular toners when it comes to cleaning.

    In fact, I use Eskinol first after washing my face to make sure my face is throughly clean then follow up with a toner after to restore any moisture back to my skin.

    Oh, and it's spelled "Filipino" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally love Eskinol toner, I haven't tried any of these but the one with cucumber extract gives me life! leaves the skin slate clean lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds so gentle and fresh! I don't know the brand but would love to try the products :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sharlynn,

    Nice that you have explored the shops at Lucky plaza and found these great products. Great that they are very reasonable priced too!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  6. hm the super high alcohol content makes this a pass for me but you've got me really curious bout the scent now. too bad its only available in the phillipines. though i see that unilever produces it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought 2 bottles of the cucumber one in Malaysia for 16RM and I totally I agree on how lovely it is :D especially because I also have oily skin so alcohol toners don't bother me. Never heard of Calamansi til this review!
    ~Weng wengiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. May i know where you bought the product in malaysia? i interested to try the product. thanks.

      Delete
  8. Glad you found such great products that suit your skin type

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO LEAVE A LINK TO YOUR BLOG!

I DO NOT FOLLOW FOR A FOLLOW.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...