Sunday 27 January 2013

Rave Review: Kate Gradical Eyes eyeshadow quad in GY-1!

Kate! This brand is under Kanebo cosmetics, a Japanese company. They have an amazing range of 'gradical eyes' eyeshadow quads in different colors: pink, purple, cool brown, warm brown, blue...I want to collect them all!

Used alone or together these eyeshadows are all so smooth, pigmented and have a beautiful satin/frost finish!

Continue below for the review and look!
Kanebo Kate gradical eyes eyeshadow quad palette in GY-1


Kanebo Kate gradical eyes eyeshadow quad palette in GY-1

Kanebo Kate gradical eyes eyeshadow quad palette in GY-1
Packaging & Product!

Packaged very simply, with all four shadows and base visible from the top, I like how you can see all the colors through the lid. You're getting over 4 grams of product for four shadows and a cream base which is decent considering how slowly we finish eyeshadows!

This eyeshadow layout is particularly neat as it goes from a dark to a light shade hence the name 'gradical'. All the shades are heavily pigmented and when swatched have a beautiful metallic, frost type finish which does not completely show up on the eyes for certain shades.

On the eyes, the dark brown and taupe shade have a soft matte/satin type finish whereas the lighter shades are as seen on the swatches. The shadows blend very well with each other and the colors have been well coordinated in this small useful palette.

Kanebo Kate gradical eyes eyeshadow quad palette in GY-1
Swatches of Kate gradical eyes quad in GY-1. My favorite is the second shade, it doesn't seem like it would be so taupe until its on the eyes or swatched!
Using the second 'medium' shade in the palette, the taupe all over my lid!
Adding the 'deep' color on the outer V, before blending out!
Using the 'light' shade on the inner corner! A slick of eyeliner and mascara!
 FOTD using Kate gradical eyes quad in GY-1

The mascara I'm using is the new reformulated and packaged Kiss me Heroine long & curl! (review to come)
FOTD using Kate gradical eyes quad in GY-1

Things are getting tougher at school and at the same time getting used to things and now being able to know how to schedule my time better has also improved my sleep and work efficiency. We're having our first accessment next week! Cross my fingers it goes well!
 
Have you heard of this big Japanese make up brand before? 
What do you think of the shades? 
Let me know!

Feel free to comment! Thank you!

15 comments:

  1. this palette surely has very wearable shades!! Love your makeup!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This palette looks so pretty!
    I've never used this brand before. I gotta check it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow this is totally my kind of colors!! ;) I'll def look at this brand in Sg, really can't wait!!
    btw, I havent yet booked the ticket so I can't tell you the exact date, but it will be surely between the 20th - 28th of february ;))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its so awsum and u look nice <3
    www.beautifullflavya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! The pigmentation is awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this in gold something, got it last year and STILL haven't used it. Not even a swatch! Lol! I love the brush that comes with it. I should start using it soon. >.> Loving the greys on you! :D Great FOTD!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are so pigmented! I love the colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the palette so pretty! love that shimmer! look good on you too!=)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't heard of this brand before but I quite like these neutral shades in this palette. The colour payoff looks great and I quite like the first shade. I would not believe that the second shade looks taupe on the eyes- it looks very much like silver in your swatch! Good luck with your assessment next week, I'm sure you'll do great :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a great product and Kate products are of great quality. I'm a new follower of your blog and I'd love it if you follow my blog as well:D

    http://steph-g.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. i really love this range. the quality is so nice and the colors blend so nicely. love the look!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Kate eyeshadow palettes! They always have the nicest combos and are great for day-to-day wear. This one wears really nicely on you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the look you created :) good luck with your assessment!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your makeup looks beautiful! I had a kate palette that I bought in thailand but I never used it so I gave it away, this palette looks really nice!

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO LEAVE A LINK TO YOUR BLOG!

I DO NOT FOLLOW FOR A FOLLOW.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...