Friday 7 June 2013

Review: theBalm Liquid Time Balm spot concealer in Nude!

Spot conceal with TimeBalm! Hello ladies and all other viewers! I'm about to head off to my internship work but I'm going to squeeze in another quick review on a product I actually have had for a long long time! This liquid concealer from theBalm was from one of my first and only major purchases from theBalm which is sold here in Singapore at selected SaSa outlets!

You can check out here my theBalm haul here from a few summers ago!

Continue below for the review!
theBalm Liquid Time Balm spot concealer in Nude
theBalm Liquid Time Balm spot concealer in Nude

 Packaging & Product!


This liquid concealer comes in a handy little bottle with a sponge wand applicator. I love how its so small, light and easy to bright around but unfortunately this wand does not get much product out of the tube and I'm quite sure A LOT of it will be wasted when I'm ready to throw this out. The packaging is very neat, green with very appropriate labelling as this concealer is meant to hide and help heal spots it contains tea tree oil in the concealer.

Due to the oil, the concealer has an oily feel which allows for easy blending but it remains greasy after application and smells of the oil. I personally love the smell of tea tree but others might find it too strong.

I've used this over some red angry spots before and to my surprise despite the thin greasy texture this concealer really covers up all the redness from pimples and darkness from light scaring. I found that this still works under a medium to full coverage foundation/base. If you use a light tinted moisturizer or foundation over this, it moves the concealer and the coverage is disturbed. If you powder heavily over this, the concealer may also become patchy.


I've used a cream type base product over this and the concealer also is moved very easily. The best way to use this is to apply straight onto clean skin and lightly powder. Or to apply over your base and lightly powder, however this second way does not allow the tea tree to be in direct contact with your skin.

Please note due to this ingredient using this under the eyes or around the mouth would be a bad idea. It will likely sting and hurt those sensitive areas so keep this to the cheeks, forehead and chin.

theBalm Liquid Time Balm spot concealer in Nude (there are 3 shades: fair, nude, honey)




























 

Paid: $32.90 SGD or $26 USD (it's selling for $20 US on their site)

Recommend: Only for those ladies who don't wear much face make up and just want some spot concealing. For those who want to combine products/layer products this will not be a good choice.

Repurchase: No, I deal with my blemishes with medication and not with make up products. I will use this until most is finish and will likely throw it out because I can't layer or work this with other products easily.

Bottom line: Great coverage for such a thin consistency of product, however the inability of this formula to work/layer with other products make it difficult to use in my regular routine. Best for those who just spot conceal their blemishes and apply a setting powder. I do love the range of products thebalm has to offer and will be going back to try more things!

Are you a fan of tea tree infused make up?
Tried concealers from theBalm?
let me know!

Feel free to comment! Thank you!

17 comments:

  1. I tried this once and it gave me a burning (not... extremely painful, but you could feel it) sensation. Wasn't a product for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! That's what can happen with tea tree products!

      Delete
  2. Honestly i am not a fan of tea tree oil infused makeup as i mostly sting my skin and it felt a bit greasy too. Ive tried body shop tea tree concealer and i hate it as it stung my acne and make it appear more red :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The grease is definitely from the oil and my experience with the body shop tea tree products was that they're really strong, stronger than most ive tried! Sorry to hear it stung your skin so badly!

      Delete
  3. wow it looks more like a foundation to me! I believe you're right about not layering it with other products..
    I love the balm blushes but have never tried their face base products like foundation, powder or concealer. The Balm is more on the hefty price side here in Germany so mostly I prefer to splurge my money on Benefit cosmetics rather than The Balm because they're almost the same price level here T.T

    ReplyDelete
  4. does this alsp help clear spots as well as cover it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it doe help to dry up spots if they are on the surface type of spots. But honestly I'd much rather just use tea tree oil at night straight onto the spots, more effective. I say use a drying concealer for the day and treat at night!

      Delete
  5. It looks kinda sheer on the picture. I would prefer a more potent coverage for a concealer. I really love theBalm eyeshadows though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually to the contrary and I'd say has a medium coverage! It's the greasy thin texture thats deceiving, covers redness very well but doesn't work well with other things! I love their shadows too!

      Delete
  6. Wow, your review is very clear & straight-fwd! This may be a good choice for me since I don't wear make-up & dislike anything that's too thick. Enjoy your weekend, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks dear! I try my best to be clear! It's great for spot concealer for blemishes!

      Delete
  7. too bad the concealer has an oily feel, I have oily skin so now I know to stay away from it! thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have always been curious about this concealer. Thanks for the review. I may have to go check it out and see if I like the scent.

    new follower :)

    http://shoppingobsessionblogspot.comCheck out my international giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcomed, its an interesting product, definitely not for everyone!

      Delete
  9. This sounds pretty neat, but not good that it can't be used for under the eyes or around the mouth as well but it makes sense as it treats spots. I've been using the cream concealer by the balm and it is good but I might give this a go when I get pimples. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omg! That's crazy that it gave you a burning sensation! That's probably the first time I've ever heard of that. Anyway, thanks so much for the review!

    Btw, thanks for stopping by my site and subscribing. Now following back. :D

    Lynn | Makeup With Tea

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO LEAVE A LINK TO YOUR BLOG!

I DO NOT FOLLOW FOR A FOLLOW.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...