Friday 21 November 2014

All About Eyes TAG!

All about Eyes Tag! Cheers to another fun tag! I saw this on Pauline's blog Asianhomie 101- Addicted to Make up! I personally am totally an eye make up girl. There are those of us who love bases and blush and contour and things to do with skin on the face...there are those who love heavy eyeliner and mascara...those who love bold lips and plain eyes and I'm one of those who love a beautiful butt load of eye make up!

I never thought I'd be so in love with doing eye makeup. I used to be quite crap to be honest. See (here) and (here) for my earliest make up looks and see how basic and sort of shady and crappy they were compared to what I do now (see here) and (here)!

Continue below for the tag!
All About Eyes TAG!
1. What eye cream/ serum do you use?

I really don't have more than 2 products just for eyes and neither are favorites or super amazing. Currently I do use L'oreal Youth Code Eye Essence and I also enjoy rolling on Garnier's Brightening Eye roll-on for puffy nights. I usually just pat on extra moisturizer and massage it beneath my eyes!

L'oreal Youth Code Rejuvenating Eye Essence (I use this a few times a week), Garnier Light brightening eye roll-on (I used to use this every night, it's so cooling), Alpha-H Absolute eye complex (mini in a kit I ordered)
2. What is your favorite under eye concealer?

I rarely use concealer, I don't even have a specific one for my eyes as I tend to just use whatever I'm using on my face and pat a bit more under the eyes! I do have a favorite lightweight concealer which is the ZA perfect fit liquid concealer. Thin, high coverage, matte finish,  super blendable and perfect for all over the face.

K-palette Kuma Concealer (super light yellow and super waterproof and high coverage), ZA perfect fit concealer (a perfect skin match, this has a matte finish and is lightweight)
3. What is your favorite eye brow product?

It's not just my favorite but has been my only until recently. This might be a bit weird but it's a revlon matte eyeshadow in dark brown...that was expired in 2009. Yes, I know that's quite a while ago but it's  cake powder...and it was brand new and unused until 2011. It's ridiculous I know but I haven't bought an eye brow cake powder set yet but I plan to soon!

Revlon matte eye shadow in rich sable (I've been using this as an brow powder for 3 years!)


4. What is your favorite eye shadow primer?

I love using cream eyeshadows as a primer/base. My favorites are Maybelline's color tattoo in Bad to the Bronze, Kiko Long Lasting stick eyeshadow in 05 Rosy brown and Urban Decay's 24/7 shadow pencil in Rehab and Juju.

Urban Decay 24/7 glide-on eyeshadow pencil in Juju, Kiko long lasting stick eyeshadow in rosy brown, Maybelline color tattoos in Bad to the Bronze and Inked in Pink!
5. Your favorite shadow palette? 

This is hard. My favorite neutral palettes are my Sleek Oh So Special (for variety of neutrals), 1028 Brownie Eyes palettes (for easiest flawless neutral looks), Urban Decay's Smoked palette (best shimmery/matte for amazing smokey looks)

Urban Decay's Smoked palette, Sleek Oh So Special i divine palette and 1028 Brownie Eyes palette!
 6. Your favorite eye makeup remover?

Currently I love Biore's Eye and Lip make up remover. It's a bi-facil remover and is effective enough to remove all my eye make up including my super super waterproof mascara. I used to use L'oreal's eye and lip remover for the last 3 years but realized I needed to use a lot less of Biore's for the same effect. An amazing remover for super waterproof make up is Shu Uemura's cleansing oils!

Shu Uemura skin purifier cleansing oil (best, most effective oil ever!), Biore make up remover for eye & lip (my current favorite remover, it melts off my waterproof eye make up!)

7. Your
favorite mascara?

EASY. Kiss Me Heroine Make up Long & Curl waterproof mascara! I've used it for the last 4 years straight and it has survived going under water while sailing, through a hot day at the beach, through more than 12 hours of wear and so on! I will purchase it until the end of time!

Kiss Me Heroine Make up Volume and Curl super waterproof mascara and Long and curl waterproof mascara! (Both are my holy grails, I will never stop repurchasing from these!)
 
8. Your
favorite eye liner? (gel, kohl, felt tip)

Kate Kanebo for gel. They used to have several colors for their gel which made the amazing amazing formula perfect for any occassion to the most extreme. Now there's only two colors, both black but different finishes.

I do not use any kohl or felt tip eyeliners. Kohl just isn't for me and I really don't like how felt tips tend to bend or not dispense product evenly over time.

My favorite and holy grail eyeliners are Japanese nylon fiber brush tip pens. I love Kiss Me Heroine's and a new one I haven't reviewed yet called Lady Oscar liquid eyeliner!  

Kate's gel eye liner in matte black, Lady Oscar liquid eyeliner La Rose de Versailles (I also use and love the same type of eyeliner from Kiss Me Heroine and Heavy Rotation)!
 9. Your favorite single eye shadow?

Darn. I really do not have a favorite single eye shadow...I tend to wear at least 3 shades for my simple looks and I have soooo many shimmery brown neutrals that I love but I really honestly don't have a single favorite shade! Just give me neutrals and shimmery!
 
10. Your
favorite sun glasses?

WAT. How is this relevant to a beauty tag? Like how? Funny story though, I've only ever owned two pairs of sunglasses. I owned my first for 3 weeks and then lost it at sea...literally. This was 3 years ago and my second pair I just bought recently but haven't even worn it once. There you go.

To everyone who reads this tag, please feel free to do it too!
Do you love your eye make up as much as me?
Tell me what you think!

Feel free to comment!
Thank you!   

5 comments:

  1. You always have the most fun TAG, Sharlynn!
    I haven't got a lot of time to do some new blog posts, so I just published from my draft as I always write some posts in advance.
    Have you tried the clio pen eye liner? it is soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a great brow shade! Ooh the ZA perfect fit concealer sounds really good, I think I'll add it to my shopping list for singapore hehe.

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use that concealer as well, and I like it! and urban decay's smoke palette looks pretty badass!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the shoutout love! I adore your picks here, UD Smoked Palette... Sleek Palette... Color Tattoos.. they are JUST divine! I need to get my hands on a new gel eyeliner... the one I used to have... the formula is all dried up :/
    <3 Pauline, ­­Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, baby Sharlynn! You're all grown up now! LOL
    I had no idea you have been blogging since 2011. I started then as well and it's always fun to look back to see how far you've come.

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO LEAVE A LINK TO YOUR BLOG!

I DO NOT FOLLOW FOR A FOLLOW.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...