Sunday 14 December 2014

Review: MUA (Makeup Academy) Eyeshadow Palette Dusk til Dawn!

Dusk til Dawn! For those who are aware of MUA's 12 pan eyeshadow palettes, they are not only such a great steal but they have a great range of colors and pretty great pigmentation! For those who love shimmery and satin shades these palettes seriously do have a great pay off and for those who question the Undressed palette as being a Naked palette dupe, it pretty much almost is!

This beautiful palette was gifted to me in a swap with Pam from Jade in the Palace beauty blog which I did a swap with last year! I had received the Undressed palette from her before and it was such a winner I had to ask her to help me get another MUA palette to try!

Continue below for the review!

MUA (Makeup Academy) Eyeshadow Palette Dusk til Dawn!
MUA (Makeup Academy) Eyeshadow Palette Dusk til Dawn!
MUA (Makeup Academy) Eyeshadow Palette Dusk til Dawn!
Packaging & Product!

Simple, plastic and drugstore are the words that come to mind! I already own the Undressed and the Heaven & Earth palettes from this same line and they are both also packaged the same although some of them have an illustration of the shadows in the back with numbers. Personally for the cost and quality of these shadows I really can't complain about the cheap plastic casing. It's not that flimsy and I've depotted all the shadows from these palettes!

Out of all these palettes from MUA this was the only palette with colorful shades that I was keen on owning. I love the gold and blue shades. This palette overall is full of mostly cooler tones of neutrals  and some jewel tones which I love. The textures in this palette is pretty much all shimmery and metallic which are better quality than their mattes. 

I find the shadows very pigmented and I do wear some sort of eyeshadow base so I've had no issues with creasing. These are mostly very easy to blend and to build up in color, they aren't as buttery as Urban Decay's shimmery shades but for the price can you complain? There's really not much to say except that in order to make these look and feel great you must use a base of some sort. These are like drugstore eyeshadows on drugs to me as it's impossible to find palettes like this at this price in Singapore!

Swatches of the top row of MUA Eyeshadow Palette Dusk til Dawn

Top row: A range of gorgeous neutrals! I love having the cream and white highlight shades, great for inner corners and on the lid. The two mid tone peachy shades are great for the lid and blending out and the taupe and deeper brown are just perfect for both the lid and crease.

Swatches of the bottom row of MUA Eyeshadow Palette Dusk til Dawn!

The bottom row of shades are the stunning shades! I love having that bright teal, navy and royal purple, these shades are great for a pop of color on the lid, for using a touch in the crease or for using as a liner shadow! The black shade also can be useful for a smokey look but just dabbing your crease brush in it for deepening the outer V!

Icy Teal look using MUA Dusk til Dawn palette!
Icy Teal look using MUA Dusk til Dawn palette!
Brightening taupe eyes using MUA Dusk til Dawn palette!
Brightening taupe eyes using MUA Dusk til Dawn palette!

MUA (Makeup Academy) Eyeshadow Palette Dusk til Dawn!
Paid: This was gifted to me in a swap!  Retails for £4 or $6.25 US on muastore.co.uk!

Recommend: YES. For those on a budget or looking for cheap palettes that are worth your while head over to (UnderTwenty20) for those in Singapore to buy these! I've seen them at night markets but that's more rare. If you can order or find MUA where you're at do check these palettes out, they'd make a great gift too!

Repurchase: No, I've got 3 of these palettes now and I'm good. There aren't anymore I lust for!

Bottom line: For the cost and quality, these are a really great steal. From what I've heard and tested it seems like the favorites are the Undressed and Heaven and Earth palettes for their neutral shades. Be ready for shimmery shades and you'll need a primer to make these last! These are a great gift, great for those on a budget and for just the make up crazy!



Do you own any of MUA's 12 eyeshadow palettes?
Like this range of shades?
Let me know!

Feel free to comment!
Thank you!

12 comments:

  1. Wowzers, these look intense! I love the high shine metallic ness, amazing for a pop on the lid!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous palette dear, love the shades! Loved all eye makeups you have created with these shadows <3 Kisses <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay I am glad you like it! MUA does have great eye shadows for the price. The undressed palette from them is one of my favorite eye shadow palette ever! ^^
    I love the taupe look you created with this palette :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love both looks u created.. i love how the palette is a both neutral and colorful at the same time.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These colors are GORGEOUS. I think MUA is slowly going to the US, but I haven't found anything yet. I really want to try them out though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh what a LOVELY palette... I love the swatches... especially shadows nr 2 and 5 from the top row and shadows nr 2, 4 and 5 from the bottom row :)
    I love the looks you created too :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg this palette looks SO GOOD. look at the pigmentation and the colour combination is spot on!
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! The pigments are awesome and the price is sooooo good. I'd like to try it out it's just that I already have so much eye shadows in my stash. Thank you for the swatches though! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. The colors in this palette are so stunning, although a touch too shimmery for my tastes. It would have been nice if there was a couple matte shades in there for blending.

    ReplyDelete
  10. omg as soon as I saw the first picture I was like, this is such a Sharlynn palette! Love the colors, they look so pigmented and sparkling x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, love the shimmer, dear! Sometimes, I'm motivated to put on eye shadows like you...........

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO LEAVE A LINK TO YOUR BLOG!

I DO NOT FOLLOW FOR A FOLLOW.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...