Thursday 18 February 2016

Review: Nars Lipstick in Funny Face!

Stunning lips with Funny Face! Yes, believe it or not...this is my first NARS product EVER! I've of course seen, watched and heard so much about the brand. Everyone seems to be in love with the sleek black packaging, the sheer glow foundation and especially their blushes and most recently the new Audacious lipsticks! Nars wasn't sold in singapore until about 2 years ago but I still never picked up anything as the prices are so marked up. 

Finally when I was at the airport in Bangkok when I was traveling with my mom last year, while searching for a blue toned fuchsia lipstick and looking through all the brands at duty free, I found this baby and just had to get it!

Continue below for the full review!

Nars Lipstick in Funny Face!
Nars Lipstick in Funny Face!
Nars Lipstick in Funny Face! (840 Baht)
Nars Lipstick in Funny Face!
Nars Lipstick in Funny Face!
Nars Lipstick in Funny Face!
Nars Lipstick in Funny Face!
Nars Lipstick in Funny Face!
Packaging & Product!
Minimalistic but pretty. Those who are fans of black and white packaging this will totally be satisfied. I think of the cheap make up line ELF, as well as NYX and also Sleek Makeup in terms of packaging. Nothing special except that Nars is known for that matte rubberized packaging which totally gets dirty and covered in marks. I don't particularly mind that the packaging keeps marks as I'm not one who has a fancy vanity and leaves out products to be seen. The tube is great as it shuts really securely and completely turns up so you could get every bit of lipstick when it's finishing.


As I've never tried any lipsticks from Nars everything was brand new to me! From the swatch in duty free, the lipstick seemed to be lightly creamy, extremely opaque and had a dry feeling to it without being completely matte. The color is the most gorgeous blue toned hot pink fuchsia which I was searching for and the formula is the type that stays put and gives you absolute confidence that it won't bleed or run outside of the lip line. I've worn this lipstick several times and it's totally not what I normally buy but I love how it's so smooth, stays put, rich in color and looks good despite slowly fading although mainly in the inner lip area.

Swatch of Nars Lipstick in Funny Face!
Above is just a single swatch of the lipstick! It has a really pretty glowing finish that's not shimmery but slightly metallic. It feels dry on the lips after a while but not like a layer or mask. I usually don't buy dry formulas at all but I really love how this one feels despite having dryer lips.

Wearing Nars Lipstick in Funny Face!
Paid: 840 Thai Baht or about $33 SGD/ $24 USD

Recommend: YES. For those who are looking for a gorgeous bold blue toned pink that stays put and looks flawless for hours even through eating and drinking, this is for you! I have lips that dry out very quickly so although this lipstick does dry out my lips at the end of the day, it doesn't peel or flake or patch off like regular formulas.

Repurchase: Yes, but I'm keen on purchasing a gorgeous nudey shade from their Audacious line which is so highly raved about!

Bottom line: Super perfect. This lipstick is such an all rounder. It's best for those who want a long wearing formula and don't mind it drying out the lips at the end of the day. You won't need to touch up at all throughout the day and expect bold color with one swipe. Totally worth every dollar and a formula worth trying out.


What products have you tried from NARS cosmetics?
Want to try their Audacious lipsticks?
Let me know!

Feel free to comment!
Thank you!

16 comments:

  1. Wow this is such a stunning and bright color !

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful color!! The color suits you really well ^^
    I have tried some lip pencils from NARS but haven't tried anything from their regular and audacious lipstick range. I have my eyes on some MLBB shades from their Audacious line as well xD But I have soooo many lipsticks already xDD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god! This looks beautiful and it's the perfect fuchsia! I don't personally love NARS lipsticks, but I may have to check this one out the next time I'm in a department store.

    xo, katiechamel

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful color!!! I don't think I've seen swatches of this shade before and I'm in love. It looks so great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The finish of this lipstick is amazing. Lovely shade.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow... that's a pretty color! Looks good on you. I've tried 1 audacious lipstick which I love but can't get myself to get more because of the price..hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, love the electrifying colour, babe! So pretty! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous babe! So saturated! I am a total NARS gal...love their "Orgasm" blush and matted lip pencil.
    Thank you for the visit hun, the entire blog’s been redesigned!
    Would love to get your thoughts!

    Xx- Julie

    Haute Khuuture Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sharlynn,

    This lipstick is so cute with its "funny face" name. It is very bold expressing the colour and looks great on you!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOOH such a lovely color :)
    I have heard many great things about NARS but I do not own anything from the brand since we do not have it here in Vaasa where I live :)
    I do however want to try their Audacious lipsticks and their shadows :)
    I really adore the name of this lipstick :)
    So fun and adorable :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. How exciting, congrats on your first NARS product! I hope it is first of many because I truly love them as a brand! I have quite a lot from them now that I think about it: a LE cheek palette and LE velvet pencil set from christmas, a few of their single blushes, eyeshadow duos, single eyeshadows, a couple of their lipsticks, one audacious lipstick, one lipliner and of course, my beloved Sheer Glow foundation.
    Those vivid colours look so gorgeous on you!

    chloé⎪ status.chlo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't tried NARS lipsticks before either, just because they're so expensive here in Australia ($47!). The colour looks stunning on you, and it is so pigmented! The bullet looks a little short though :(

    http://reveriebelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Funny Face, hehehhe *cannot stop the giggles* ~ NARS is sold here in NZ, but they're frikin expensive, so if I do buy I always order online ;) Lovve the color thou, so pigmented! You should try their Audacious range if you haven't, the pigmentation and quality is like.... too amazing, no better words to describe. Although I've only tried on shade, I had Bridget but only sold it cause the color was not suitable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, this color is vibrant! I never tried any NARS products and so far I heard a lot of positive opinions about their products..especially the blushes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is an awesome colour on you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hot pink color is perfection! I like the bold pout!

    ReplyDelete

FEEL FREE TO LEAVE A LINK TO YOUR BLOG!

I DO NOT FOLLOW FOR A FOLLOW.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...